Skip to main content
Submission Guidelines for School of Information Sciences Student Scholarship
- You must create a free account on Digital Commons to submit a paper.
- You must have a faculty member recommend your paper for submission; you will be asked to include their name on the submission form.
- Recommendations can be prompted by faculty or students reaching out to faculty
- Can be recommended by any faculty member; does not need to be the faculty that assigned the paper
- Includes recent grads. 2 years is expected but ultimately at the discretion of the Editorial Board
- Papers should be 5 to 20 pages (not including references and/or appendices; exceptions for papers exceeding the page count will be made on a case-by-case basis).
- Submissions must be in APA format.
- Submissions must include an abstract.
- Please submit your paper as a .doc or .docx via our Digital Commons site .
- Times New Roman, 12 pt
- Double Spacing
- No space between paragraphs
- Indent first line .5 inches from margin
- Figures/Tables must have clear indication of placement in submission
- Those who submit a paper must agree to peer review at least one other submission if accepted to the journal (please indicate if you are willing to peer review more than one). They will be contacted by the editorial board and assigned an article that fits with their interests as disclosed in the submission form.
- At least one author must be enrolled in SIS to submit to this journal or have graduated from SIS within the last two years. Submissions from outside the discipline will not be considered.
- Creative Commons License