The Information Warrior Journal
The Information Warrior Journal wants YOU to submit your papers!
Students who are currently enrolled in the Wayne State University School of Information Sciences or are recent alumni (within two years of graduation, exceptions are up to the editorial board) are encouraged to submit research articles, case studies, and literature reviews to The Information Warrior Journal. Submissions should address significant issues facing today’s library, archival, and information professionals.
- You must have a faculty member recommend your paper for submission; you will be asked to include their name on the submission form.
- 5-20 pages (not including references and/or appendices; exceptions for papers exceeding the page count will be made on a case-by-case basis).
- APA format
- Must include an abstract
- Must agree to peer review at least one other submission if accepted to the journal (please indicate if you are willing to peer review more than one)
- At least one author must be enrolled in SIS to submit to this journal or have graduated from SIS in the last two years. Submissions from outside the discipline will not be considered.
- Please submit your paper as a .doc or .docx via our Digital Commons site: https://digitalcommons.wayne.edu/cgi/ir_submit.cgi?context=sis_student_papers
- You must create a free account on Digital Commons to submit
- Submission deadline for first edition: May 20, 2022
Once a paper is submitted, if it follows all the guidelines above, it will be moved to a student scholarship series pending editorial board approval. Once in the student scholarship series, the paper will be viewable in Wayne State’s Digital Commons under a CC-BY-4.0 license, but not yet published in the journal. After the initial submission, the editorial board will either accept or deny a paper; once accepted, the paper moves to peer review and will be assigned to at least two peer reviewers. Reviewers will have 6 weeks to review and return their edits to authors. After peer review, authors will receive one of the following decisions from the editorial board along with their peer review critiques: minor revisions required, or major revisions required. Authors will have 6 weeks to revise and resubmit to the editorial board for a final review and publication decision. The first edition of The Information Warrior Journal will be published Summer or Fall of 2022, depending on the number of submissions.
Accepted authors must peer review at least one other article; they will be contacted by the editorial board and assigned an article that fits with their interests as disclosed in the submission form.
If you have any questions, please contact us at: InfoWarriorJour@wayne.edu