Document Type

Article

Abstract

The Education Library at Wayne State University has a long and storied history. From its beginning at the Detroit Normal School to its final merger with the general library, the Education Library has been at the heart of not only Wayne State University, but also in the development of the College of Education. This paper chronicles the history of the library, and the people who created it, from its very beginning to its final place among the volumes of the Purdy/Kresge Library.

Disciplines

Library and Information Science | Other Education | Other History

Comments

This article is a refereed post-print originally appearing in Education Libraries (ISSN 0148-1061), also available for download at http://units.sla.org/division/ded/education_libraries.html.

Alteri, S.A. (2009). From laboratory to library: The history of Wayne State University's Education Library. Education Libraries, 32(1), 12-16.