About Clinical Research in Practice: The Journal of Team Hippocrates
An open access, peer reviewed journal publishing examples of clinical research implementation practices in medicine.
The word "practice" has multiple meanings:
- Practicing medicine refers to the work of the doctor.
- A medical practice describes a cohort of people cared for by a doctor or groups of doctors (a community).
- Practice theory, described by Pierre Bourdieu, acknowledges human behavior as situated in social relationships and beliefs.
CRP reflects what social scientists call "embodied knowledge" — a necessary component to fulfill the aspirations of evidence-based medicine.
See the Aims and Scope for the complete coverage of the journal.
Current Issue: Volume 4, Issue 2 (2018)
From the Editors
Editorial: Clinical practice can save evidence-based medicine from itself
James Peter Meza and Nicholus Yee
Institutional protocols can improve IVC filter retrieval rates
Madeline Ross, Gong He, Veronica Santana-Ufret, and Anjali Sundar
Lurasidone is not associated with risk of QTc prolongation
Halimah Y. Oral
Pneumatic balloon dilation versus myotomy for the treatment of achalsia
Benjamin E. Ueberroth
Non-ST-segment elevation acute coronary syndrome: Early versus delayed cardiac catheterization
Teresa Colelli, Adrianna Clapp, Rudy Wenner, and Blake J. Arthurs
Treating the full humanity of our patients by acknowledging our limitations
Kamal Al-Shalby and Blake S. Sanford
- Editor in Chief
- James P. Meza M.D., Ph.D
- Managing Editor
- Nicholus Yee, M.D.
- Editorial Assistant
- Daniel Litow
- Advisory Board
- Rebecca Etz, Ph.D.
- Bernard Ewigman, M.D. MSPH FAAFP
- Anne Victoria Neale, Ph.D., MPH
- Carolyn Richardson, M.D.
- Kendra Schwartz, M.D., MSPH
- Allen F. Shaughnessy, Pharm.D., M.Med.Ed.
- Kurt Stange, M.D. Ph.D.
- Associate Editors
- Robert Bryce, D.O.
- J. Timothy Caldwell, M.D., Ph.D.
- John Dawdy, M.D., MHS
- Diane Levine, M.D., FACP
- Anthony M. Provenzano, M.D.
- Senior Student Editors
- Thomas C. Bolig, B.S., M.S.
- Blake Arthurs, B.S.
- Natalie Wiseman, B.S.